We started getting this error in CRM 2011, my hope was upgrading to CRM 2016 would resolve this error, unfortunately not.
After doing a SQL trace on the SQL server we managed to find 1 SQL query which looked suspect.
exec sp_executesql N'declare @currentval intupdate OrganizationBase set @currentval = CurrentBulkOperationNumber, CurrentBulkOperationNumber = CurrentBulkOperationNumber + 1 where OrganizationId = @orgidselect @currentval',N'@orgid uniqueidentifier',@orgid='E14513F2-5CDB-4194-9CA1-52D04CD0B077'
The CurrentBulkOperationNumber field in our OrganizationBase table was currently set to NULL, updating this to 1000 resolved the issue.
UPDATE OrganizationBase SET CurrentBulkOperationNumber = 1000
This does make me wonder what other data issues are lurking in our database, that we just haven't noticed yet.